- What data comes into the clean room
- How the data can be joined with other data sets in the clean room
- The kinds of analytics that can be performed on the clean room data
- What data – if any – can leave the clean room environment?
- Consumer-specific datasets (Who can read what kind of data?
Consumer Data Enrichment
- Enrich existing datasets with customer demographic data like income level, marital status, and home address.
- Customer’s geographic details enrichment by adding postal data, latitude, and longitude in existing datasets.
Data Collaborations in The Media And Advertising Industry
Customers Overlap Analysis
- Retailers share consumer trends with manufacturers to improve product development and forecast demand.
- Bank and Retailers sharing data to offer brand-specific credit cards.
- Row Access Policies: It is defined to act as a firewall to protect data access
- Stored Procedure: SP is defined to validate query requests called VALIDATE_QUERY
- Secure Data Sharing: It shares data across business ecosystems without copying or moving data
- Streams & Tasks: To automate the query request & validation process
Why do Marketers and Advertisers need Data Clean Room?
- Protection of data privacy, i.e. (cookie-free)
- It increases marketing effectiveness for publishers and advertisers
- Share information without revealing the underlying source in the cookieless world
- Due to confidentiality and minimal commercial trust between parties
- To allow data to be brought together to get the power of combined datasets.
- To allow brands and advertisers to run targeted advertising campaigns
- This can be used to identify high-value targets, lapsing customers, and opportunities to win new business.
- It can strengthen marketers’ and publishers’ direct consumer relationships, giving them access to more data than ever before.
Due to the privacy rules of CCPA and GDPR, all the browsers have stopped supporting third-party cookies, which will prevent advertisers from consuming customers’ data to run personalized ads, measurements, attribution, etc.
Data Clean Room is an emerging privacy-friendly solution that will provide an environment to share information without revealing the underlying source. It offers a good balance between protecting user privacy and allowing companies to reach their target audience, measure the performance of their campaigns, and attribute impressions and clicks to conversions.
The Hoonartek team has explored and implemented Data Clean Room and has the expertise and skills to set up Data Clean Room for your organization’s use cases. Reach out to us for further discussion.